Thursday, October 22, 2009

An Award and a Blog Hop

Since my creative juices have not been flowing lately I was very glad to see that I had been awarded another blog award and was tagged in a blog hop. If not you guys would continue to have nothing to read about! I feel awful for you guys. Really...I do. Anywho...

So first, the award. I was given the "Honest Scrap" award by June. Thanks!


Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link to their blog.
2. Share 10 honest things about yourself.
3. Present this award to 7 other whose blogs you find brilliant in design or content.
4. Tell those 7 people they have been awarded.

10 Honest Things About Myself
1. I love pizza. I could eat it every day for lunch and dinner for the rest of my life.
2. When I was little I used to think that the world used to be black and white because all of the pictures were black and white.
3. I love football. I used to want to start a girls league that allowed tackling.
4. I can't stand Jim Carey as an actor. I think he is an idiot. I've heard he is a pretty ok guy in real life though.
5. I have a secret crush on Keith Morrison. You know, the sixty-something year old guy who narrates Dateline sometimes. Yea, I'm weird, I know.
6. I have high blood pressure and am supposed to avoid salty foods. I type this as I am eating a bag of chips.
7. I am in the middle of watching Freedom Writers. Anyone seen it? Don't tell me how it ends.
8. Last night my two year old asked my dog what time it was. Ok, that wasn't about me but it was REALLY funny.
9. When I am older and have the means I would love to adopt a child from another country.
10. I love the show Army Wives and am thoroughly depressed that the season is over.

My Nominations for the Honest Scrap Award (Some of you have already received this award so please do not feel like you have to post about it again! Just wanted to give you the shout out anyway)
Mama M
Jamie
Kate
Keely
Crayon Wrangler

Ok, I know that's not 7 but it's all that I could think of. Anyway, I think these blogs (and the women who write them) are way cool =-)

Now for the blog hop. Today is Jamie's birthday so she is doing a Birthday Blog Hop. You are supposed to pick the oldest "birthday" picture you have in you photo album on your computer and tell the story behind it. Then tag three others for the blog hop. Here is the picture...

It's actually not very old. I took it about 3 or 4 weeks ago when we celebrated Belli's 2nd birthday but it is the oldest one on my computer. She is sitting at her new table and chairs anxiously awaiting whatever gift is she is about to receive. Boy she looks excited! Little did she know we would be taking a trip to the ER later that night. You can read all about it here

I will tag the ladies I listed above for this blog hop too if they would like to join in the fun!

7 comments:

  1. Wahoo!!! Thanks Amanda!! I will totally join the blog hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Freedom Writers an AMAZING movie- one of my favs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great! I love inspirational movies like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you're crazy for having a crush on Keith Morrison... then, again I'm a news junkie! I work with a guy who does a great Keith impersonation (seriously, who does a Keith Morrison impersonation????).

    ReplyDelete
  5. They actually did a parody of him on SNL. I don't watch SNL so I didn't see it but someone told me about it and you can kind it on Youtube. It is VERY funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey you!! Thanks for the award! That picture of Belli is too darn cute! You've given me some homework...this is good, 'cuz somedays I'm feelin' like the tap's run dry and I "got nuthin'" to post about! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete