Sunday, November 22, 2009

Note to Self

If you are afraid of something, avoid it at all costs. Do not do the thing you are afraid of because it will be easier or quicker. Just admit defeat and take the hard way out.

Case in point: When you have to let your aunt's dog out before you go to work and you are terrified of heights do not drive on the cliff from your aunt's house to work because it would be the quickest way. This almost immediately induces horrifying thoughts of someone hitting you and you falling off the cliff which then causes minor hyperventilation.

Just admit you are a wuss and take the long way.

11 comments:

  1. amen sister. i have caused myself undue trauma trying to be brave. embrace your inner scaredy cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speak it, sister! I'm hyperventilating just thinking about you driving on the cliff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! Sorry I've been bad about comments this week. I've been following on my down time at work but they block commenting on the computers. By the time I've gotten home I have either forgotten to go back and leave comments or I'm too tired to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We used to go eat a lot at Burt's on the Bluff. I would never drive there. I have to ride and close my eyes. I'm so terrified of heights!

    So, don't go that way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I am totally afraid of heights and would have cried all the way! But you are so right. Agin with the heights thing, when we were at Sesame Place I went on this ride that each person has their own basket and you go up and around it in. Well you also can make it turn, um like the tea cups but not as fast. Anywho I am like well its not that high, this park is for young kids. So we all go on and I almost had a heart attack. 2 squirming kids, my husband spinning the thing. I never held on so tight to the bar and my 2 yr old. Sigh.........never again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a hard time breathing just thinking about the cliff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate driving on roads like that. Southern California has a lot of them. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I'm visiting from MBC. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very funny!!! Although I think I would have taken the short cut too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Thanksgiving! I have nominated you for an award! Go check it out...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful to have found your blog so I can get to "know" you and Belli!

    ReplyDelete