Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Devastated

Earlier this month I blogged about a call I got from a daycare that Belli has been on the wait list for for over a year.  They take special needs kids and they finally had a spot open.  We went to meet with them early last week and things looked promising.  I was so excited to finally be able to either get a part time job or take more classes so I could finish will school sooner.

Well, it turns out she won't be able to go.  They spoke with her neurosurgeon and he said that she did not think a daycare environment would be very safe for her unless she had a one on one aide at all times.  Since the daycare cannot provide that she can't go.  I never in a million years thought that she would not be able to go.  I am completely and utterly devastated.

I emailed her doctor's nurse to ask what his reasoning was but I haven't heard back from her yet.  I mean she does have a problem with her spine and falling can be dangerous for her.  I know that.  But she's 3.  She's going to fall sometimes.  And she has to go to school.  I just don't know what I am supposed to do at this point.  I have been stuck for the past year not being able to do anything.  It is really hard to feel good about yourself when you know you are going to be depending on your parents for at least another two or three years.  Thank God I have them though or I would literally be out on the streets.

Oh well, no since crying over spilled milk.  Nothing I can do about it now!