Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Long Time No See

Sorry it's been almost a whole week since I posted.  Normally I would make up some excuse about how I've been soooo busy with school and work and blah blah blah.  But since school is out until June and I was off last Friday I don't really have that excuse.

Honestly, I've just been feeling kind of down lately and I haven't really felt like posting anything.  But, I figured if I wanted to keep my readers I might should post something.

-Belli is doing well.  She had croup over the weekend but seems to be doing fine now.  She will be graduating from The Bell Center on Sunday and I am really looking forward to it.  They get to wear cute little white gowns and I will get to walk her across the stage.  It's going to be great!

-Some of you may know that I have been having trouble with my knee this past month.  I finally broke down and went to and ortho last Friday and he is pretty sure I tore my ACL.  He asked me to describe my symptoms and I told him.  Then he asked me how I injured it.  Honestly, I have no clue!  One day it just kinda hurt and then the next day it hurt really bad and has been bothering me ever since.  I told him about Belli and how I am picking her up and carrying her around a lot and he did say that it's possible that it had just been used and stretched out so much over time that it finally just gave way.  I had an MRI yesterday and I will see the ortho again tomorrow for the results.  So, unfortunately, it looks like a surgery might be in my future.

-Mother's day was ok.  Belli was sick so it wasn't as nice and peaceful as I was hoping it would have been but we did spend some time sitting outside on a big quilt watching Cinderella.  This was before I knew she had croup.  I actually thought she just had a sinus infection and the outside wouldn't bother her too much.  Oops.  Belli (with the help of my mom) did get me The Blind Side for Mother's Day.  Can we say excited?

-I've decided that subconsciously the reason I have been putting off potty training and self feeding for so long (along with the logical reasons) is that I'm afraid Belli is going to be my only child and I kinda want to hold on to that for as long as possible.  I know I can't keep her a baby forever but I can at least try!  =-)

-I swear I am going to start potty training soon.  I had planned on starting this past Sunday and doing the potty training boot camp but she was sick and then she spent Monday with her dad so I wasn't able to.  Seriously, I'm going to do it though.  Unless I do indeed find out that I have torn my ACL and will need surgery.  In which case potty training will be out of the question since I won't even be able to get myself around let alone get Belli to the potty in time. 

Ok, I think that's it for now.  Hopefully it won't be so long until I post again this time!  Happy Tuesday!