Saturday, May 29, 2010

Sickening

I've been going back and forth with myself on whether or not I wanted to do a post about the oil spill.  I think the reason I haven't is because I have such strong feelings about it that I can't really put it into words.  I feel sick every time I think about it.  I am angry, furious really.  It is sickening and heartbreaking and I have really been trying not to read to much about it or think on it too much.  But just a little while ago I went to msnbc.com and I could not longer avoid it.  This picture was staring me right in the face.
I cried.  I couldn't help it anymore.  It is completely and utterly ridiculous that no one can stop this.  I am furious with the whole situation and with BP for being so irresponsible as to have let this happen in the first place and then being horrible enough to be down playing this for so long and for not knowing how the hell to fix it.  They have ruined our Gulf for years to come.  They have ruined peoples lives because they can no longer work.  We won't know for a long time how many animals will die because of this.  And 11 people lost their lives in the explosion. 

Sickening.