Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Sneaky Chef

Have any of you tried any of the recipes from The Sneaky Chef?

I bought the recipe book a week or so ago and finally got around to trying some of the recipes.  I did the Guerrilla Grilled Cheese yesterday.  You use the orange puree (carrots and sweet potatoes) and just spread some of it on the inside of the bread.  And you use extra virgin olive oil and less butter.  Belli had NO IDEA there were carrots and sweet potatoes on her sandwich.  I actually think she liked it better because the olive oil made it a little crunchier.

Right now I'm trying the tortilla chips.  All you do it get corn tortillas brush olive oil on both sides, cut them into triangles, spread them on a cookie sheet and then bake them.  I just took them out of the oven.  They look pretty good.  You can also put a little cheese on them too.  FYI- If you try this recipe I wouldn't cook them for the full ten minutes before turning them over.  Mine almost burned.


Has anyone else tried any of these recipes?  How did you kids likes them?  Honestly, some of them look pretty gross so I might have to pass on a few.



**This just in.  I just taste tested the chips and Oh. My. Gosh.  They are REALLY good!  If I hadn't almost burned them they would be better.  But still, very good!**

1 comment:

  1. I don't have that book, but a friend does and she loves it! I should look into getting it. My 10 year old is SO picky about vegetables.

    We love homemade tortilla chips too! :)

    ReplyDelete