Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Potty Training-Day 2 and Questions for Potty Training Mommas

Yesterday was day two of potty training and Belli is still doing really well with it.  She only had one accident early in the morning.  I told her when she woke up that I wasn't going to ask her if she needed to go potty so she needed to tell me on her own.  The majority of the time she did tell me.  She even pooped twice and told me that she needed to go.  I did catch myself asking her a few times if she needed to go but for the most part I let her tell me.

I wish you could see the excitement on her face when she gets her next letter.  I am so glad I had that idea.  I am also so glad that the box of letters I bought also have the lower case letters because Belli is already on letter V.

Once she gets through the upper case letters we will start on the lower case letters.

I do have a couple of questions for any of you who have been through potty training:

1.  After how many days were you brave enough to venture out without diapers on.  When we went to dinner Sunday night I put a pull-up on her just in case.  she stayed dry but I'm still not sure I'm ready to go out with just panties on.

2.  If you used prizes during potty training what happened when you quit giving the prizes?  Is there a process to slowly stop giving the prizes or did you just quit one day?  Right now Belli's sole purpose of going potty is to get a letter so I'm afraid that once the letters run out she might decide she doesn't want to go potty anymore. 

I would appreciate any thoughts or advice.  Thanks!