Monday, September 14, 2009

Pet Peeves- The Grocery Store Version

I enjoyed posting my first pet peeve post so much that I decided I would do another one. This one is going to be themed though. For those of you who do not know I spent most of my high school and college years working part time at a local grocery store. If you are ever having a bad day and need to make yourself feel better, go to the grocery store there. There are so many stupid people there that you are sure to leave with a brighter outlook on life. So the following are the pet peeves that I have that people at grocery stores do. I apologize in advance if I name something that you do at the grocery store. But at least now you know!

1. If you see someone standing in an aisle stocking shelves and wearing a uniform for said grocery and you need help, DO NOT ask them if they work there. If they do not work there they would not be stocking shelves and wearing the uniform.

2. Do not unload your groceries onto the belt and then leave to go get "one more thing." One, people are behind you. Two, don't lie. You know you are going to get more than one thing.

3. Do not come into the express lane with more items than what the sign says (maybe 1 or 2 more but that's it). If you do this then the people who actually only have a few items have to wait on your rude self to finish.

4. Do not walk into the store and ask someone where something is before you even try to look first.

5. Don't try to buy alcohol on Sundays before 12 (which you can't do here) and then beg me to sell it to you, swear that you won't tell, even insist that you won't drink it until 12. Um, no.

6. This one is pretty common but please to have your check ready before you come in line. And please know your pin number if using debit.

7. This goes for not only the grocery store but any where that you are in a line. Do not talk on your cell phone! You are holding people up. And do not talk on your cell phone and then get off and act like I am being rude because I haven't spoken to you. I'm sorry, I didn't want to interrupt your conversation.

Ok, I could go on and on. I might make these pet peeve posts a regular occurrence if everyone enjoys it. Let me know if you guys have any themes you would like me to cover!

*Isabelle Update*
She's doing great. No news to report on. There is one pin site looking icky so hopefully there is not infection. Other than that just the same old stuff.

7 comments:

  1. I love the pet peeves...I could add a few to your grocery edition.

    Don't block the aisle with your cart and your body. Don't let your children run and dart in front of people with a full buggy.

    If your kid is throwing a temper fit that you can't get under control in less than one minute.....DO something about it, or leave.

    When someone is checking out ahead of you, don't pile your stuff so high behind theirs that your stuff starts falling into their stuff, and then they have to inadvertantly buy and take home your jumbo pack of breathsavers and cheap, nasty hotdogs.

    I think you should keep doing the pet peeves. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pet peeves.. I agree with Meghan and could add a few more. I totally agree with all of them that you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is funny! Glad Isabella is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy them too! When does Isabelle have her next check-up on the halo? Hope it somehow lasts the whole time and she doesn't have to get new pin sites. Is she going to school this week?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect pet peeves. I share # 3 especially!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's another one for you:

    When you know a store is closing, do not walk around aimlessly like you have no where else in the world to be.

    Ok one more:

    On Sundays: it may be your day off, but it's not the person behind the counter or on the salesfloors day off.

    Always be considerate to the employees working in the store!

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I work in a grocery store deli, and let me tell ya....EVERYTHING you said...I AGREE with. LOL I could go on....

    ReplyDelete