Friday, December 11, 2009

Pet Peeves-Driving Habits

It's been a while since I have done a Pet Peeves post so I thought I would do one now.  I thought driving habits would be a good topic after my encounter with the lady parking in the handicap spot.  You can read all about that here.  If you want to read my other Pet Peeves posts you can click here, here, and here.

So those of you who know me or have ever been in the car or on the phone with me while I drive may know that I've got a mild severe case road rage.  People just flat out tick me off.  They are STUPID.  The following are some of my biggest pet peeves.

1.  People who are merging onto the interstate and drive all the way down the merging lane before getting over.  Unless it's rush hour traffic and you don't have a choice get over as soon as you can! 

2.  People who drive 25mph on the entrance ramp.  If you are going 25mph on the entrance ramp then by the time you get to the interstate you are still going to be going 25mph and you will get run over or cause me to get run over because you were going so slow.

3.  People who drive under the speed limit and then don't bother to come to a complete stop at a stop sign.  If you are going to be cautious enough do drive under the speed limit why run a stop sign?

4.  People who ride my bumper when I am already going 5-10 miles over the speed limit.  I'm sorry but I'm not going any faster. 

5.  People who park in handicap spots illegally.

6.  People who don't turn right on red because they think they can only go on a green light.

I could probably go on and on and on so I will just stop with six.  What about you guys?  Any other driving habit pet peeves that I didn't mention?

5 comments:

  1. I am SO with you, I get so annoyed when driving. I like all of yours, especially when people ride my bumper! I also hate when people don't use their blinker and when people weave in and out of traffic and then they end up in the same spot in the end anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. People who fail to yeild for pedestrians, and I laugh if they say they cant see us! Cause I have ALOT of kids waiting to cross with me, we have been nearly hit many many times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are funny. please write a post about your craziest road rage reaction. i am soooo curious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! J, I don't think I could do that. I like to keep my blog "G" rated and that post would have A LOT of not so "G" rated language!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda: Katy's doc gave us a handicap tag when Katy came home from the hospital. There were several reasons: One was the amount of equipment we had to carry with us and another was that with the trach, she didn't want Katy out in the weather for any extended length of time - even if it was just walking through a parking lot.

    Once, at Walmart, I watched as a car full of teenage boys and girls, drove through the parking lot - AND I MEAN THROUGH THE LOT, NOT UP AND DOWN THE ISLES - and finally came to rest in one of the handicap spots. I drove by them as they got out and I pulled around and parked about 10 spaces up. I put Katy in one arm, wrapped the diaper bag, suction machine and go back in the other and hustled into WM. As I entered, there they were, laughing and poking fun at each other. I put the stuff in a buggy, put the buggy cover on, placed Katy gently into the buggy. One of the girls said, "oh, what a sweet baby - but what is wrong with her? What is that in her neck?" I explained that Katy had a trach and what that meant. She said "I'm so sorry". And I looked at her and her friends and said: WELL, IT IS BEST THAT SHE NOT BE OUT IN THE COOL WEATHER BUT WE NEEDED SOME GROCERIES SO I HAD TO BRING HER OUT. HOWEVER, YOU GUYS TOOK THE LAST HANDICAP SPOT - WHICH I AM ASSUMING YOU DIDN'T NEED AS YOU ALL LOOK FINE TO ME - AND NOW IF SHE GETS A BAD COLD, I'M GOING TO BLAME YOU SO LIVE WITH THAT THOUGHT FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS! I walked away as they stood there with their mouths hanging open. As I retreated, I heard one of them say, "See, I told you not to park there!"

    It is my #1 pet peave when it comes to parking. And that is why. Too many people legitimately need those spaces.

    ReplyDelete