Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thursday Morning Update

Isabelle had a pretty good night. They took her down this morning for a CT scan and she did great. I spoke with her surgeon around 8:30am about the results. The results weren't great but they weren't awful either. The CT scan can give him a better picture of what is going on than the x-rays can. He said the fusion does seem to have gotten her spine in a better alignment than it was but still not perfect as I said before. From the pictures they took he does feel that he will have to incorporate both C1 and the base of the skull at some point. Of course there is no way for him to know exactly when that will need to be done but hopefully it will be long time from now. Another bit of bad news is that one of the screws is going into the spinal canal. The good news is that she is still moving all of her limbs and it does not seem to be affecting her. So, he does not see any reason to bother with it unless it starts to affect her movement.

Another bit of good news we got today is that they are going to try and get us into our own room. I will let you guys know when that happens so you can come visit at any time. Well I take that back. Once Isabelle is in her own room and more comfortable I am going to try and get her back on a more regular schedule so I will be making visiting hours of my own. But I will let you guys know what they are as soon as I know.

I am still very pleased with the outcome of the surgery and that my girl is still here with me. I thank God for that. I do still pray that she continues to do well and she heals quickly. Please continue to do so as well and pray that we are able to wait years and years and years before having to do another fusion. I will update again later.

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy to hear that she is doing ok. I continue to have you guys in my prayers everyday. Heather, Brad, Hanna, Emma, and Sara send their love as well.
    We love you!
    Cousin Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a friend of Lori's and I want you to know that each and every moment you and your little girl are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so happy to hear that everything is going well.

    Julia Hays

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending love and prayers today. I really want to come visit when you're ready.

    ReplyDelete